Like you, we recycle.
The recycling process begins right at your home!
Did you know? The recycling process begins right at your home!
- Before moving your old air conditioner, our certified technicians safely remove and handle hazardous refrigerant following strict EPA protocol, assuring no leaks into the ground or atmosphere.
Old equipment is brought back to Standard Heating’s recycling facility, where we dismantle and sort materials for recycling. Materials we forward to our recycling partners are:
Our certified technicians separate clean and contaminate reclaimed refrigerant.
- Clean refrigerant is stored at Standard Heating’s EPA approved facility, and then sent to a refrigerant reclaimer to be recycled back to its virgin state.
- Contaminated refrigerant is sent to our partner, Reclamation Technologies, that either:
– Stores the refrigerant until a technology becomes available to recycle it, or
– Destroys it following EPA guidelines
Standard Heating completes the recycling process by purchasing the recycled reclaimed refrigerant!
We go to great lengths to protect the environment we care so much about:
- Our technicians are trained and certified to handle hazardous materials following strict EPA protocol.
- We only partner with documented EPA-certified recycling companies.
- As an ENERGY STAR® Partner since 2006, we promote high-performing products that use less energy.
Is global warming real?
YES! The Earth is showing many signs of worldwide climate changes:
- Average temperatures around the world have increased 1.4 F degrees since 1880, much of this in the recent decades.
- The last two decades of the 20th century were the hottest in 400 years. Eleven of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.
- Since 1870, global sea levels have risen about 8 inches.
- Arctic temperatures in Alaska, western Canada and eastern Russia have risen twice the global average.
- Glaciers are rapidly melting. Glacier National Park now only has 27 glaciers, versus 150 in 1910.