Minneapolis AC Repair
St. Paul Air Conditioning Repairs You Can Trust
At Standard Heating & Air Conditioning, our skilled and NATE-certified technicians provide expert air conditioner repair service to the entire Twin Cities metro area. Since 1930, our family business has been going above and beyond to make people’s lives better through the practice of our trade. We offer same-day and emergency services to get the job done ASAP. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and approval from Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor, so you can trust our work to live up to the very highest standards. And with favorable reviews from customers across the area, there’s no reason not to trust your neighbors when you need St. Paul and Minneapolis AC repair service you can trust.
Call Standard Heating & Air Conditioning now at (612) 324-1015.
Do You Need to Repair Your AC?
If your air conditioner is less than 15-years-old and is making an unusual noise, not cooling as well as expected, or has stopped working completely, you probably need to schedule an AC repair (if your cooling system is more than 15 years old, it may be time to think about replacing your air conditioner.) But before you call us, you may want to try a few things to see if you can improve the system’s condition on your own. Often, changing a filter or cleaning the outside of the condenser can fix your problem, as a dirty filter or condenser can limit an air conditioner’s ability to cool. In some cases, this can cause freezing, water leaks, and other issues, too.
What to do before scheduling an AC repair appointment:
- Make sure the thermostat is set correctly.
- Check to see if the furnace filter is clean, and change the filter if needed.
- Inspect the circuit breaker to make sure it wasn’t tripped. A tripped breaker could be the start of a problem or just a random occurrence. If it trips more than once, you should have a certified technician diagnose the problem.
- Look at the condenser (located outside your property) to make sure it is clean and has room to breathe. Shrubs and plants often grow too close to the condenser, preventing airflow, so check to see there are 12 inches of clearance on all sides as well.
- If you’ve lost power to your home or you are using a “Saver’s Switch” from your utility company, your air conditioner might not run. Find out if your Saver’s Switch is activated before calling a technician.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Some of the most common AC problems to keep an eye out for include:
If Your AC Isn't Cooling Properly
If your air conditioning unit isn't cooling, it could be because of several possible issues:
- Refrigerant: Your refrigerant could be low or leaking.
- Sensor Problems: If you have a window unit, the thermostat sensor could be knocked out of position. Carefully bend the wire holding it in place to properly position it.
- Thermostat Issues: Check your thermostat to make sure it is set properly and it is reading the correct temperature.
- Drainage Problems: Check your unit’s drain to make sure it isn’t clogged.
- Dirty Filter: A clogged filter restricts airflow through the unit, decreasing its efficiency and reducing its ability to effectively cool the air.
If Your AC Isn't Turning On
If your air conditioner isn't turning on, it could be one of the following issues:
- Electric Control Failure: Your compressor and fan controls could be worn out from having your system turn off and on too frequently.
- Thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is working — it might need new batteries or might need to be replaced entirely.
If Your Air Conditioner Air Flow Is Weak
- Ductwork Problems: Your ducts could be leaking air or be clogged or constricted.
If your air conditioner isn’t working properly, it may be time to schedule a service appointment. Customer education is just part of the deal when you work with Standard. Our technicians take the time to answer all the questions you may have.
What to Expect from Your Service Appointment
At Standard Heating & Air Conditioning, our techs have worked with all major AC brands in many types of homes throughout the Twin Cities. We arrive promptly and come equipped with all the industry-leading tools and technology to get your system up and running again ASAP. Whether your AC unit is leaking, blowing warm air, refusing to turn on at all, or driving up your energy bills, our technicians have the expertise to take care of the problem and help your AC function as good as new again. And with maintenance and indoor air quality services to ensure sustained comfort, you’ll never regret hiring Standard Heating & Air Conditioning for your next air conditioning repair in St. Paul or Minneapolis.
When you schedule Minneapolis air conditioning repairs with our experts, expect the following:
- A Standard Heating & Air Conditioning employee, not a sub-contractor.
- Upfront, flat-rate pricing and an explanation of your options.
- One-year parts and labor warranties on eligible repairs.
- A fully stocked service vehicle with replacement parts for most repairs.
- NATE-certified and highly trained technicians.
- Friendly, courteous, and professional service that is respectful of your home (our team uses boot covers throughout the service process.)
- Direct communication with you about your needs and options.
- Licensed, bonded, and insured team members.
Call Today for a St. Paul & Minneapolis AC Repair Team You Can Trust
With certified, professional technicians covering the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area, Standard Heating & Air Conditioning has serviced over 500,000 customers. We’re ready for emergency repairs, have a fleet of technicians and service vehicles, and we are equipped with all the leading brands to deliver the best repair solutions. We also have the highest standards when it comes to technicians, employing the best in the business and providing continual training for our entire team. Plus with repair services for central AC systems, ductless systems, and more, there’s no piece of cooling equipment our experts can’t handle. Call now to take advantage of special deals and financing options, and remember, for the comfort you deserve, you can’t go wrong with Standard Heating & Air Conditioning.