Furnace Inspection in Minneapolis
Are You Thinking of Selling Your St. Paul Home?
Before showing your property to prospective buyers, call us to schedule a Home Sale Furnace Inspection. A furnace inspection may be required by the home inspector when selling a home, changing ownership, or when applying and renewing a rental property license. Most cities in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area require a heating system capable of providing heat at 68 degrees five feet above the floor in any livable area of the home or dwelling. Installation, repair, or alteration of heating equipment must be performed by a licensed contractor approved by the city and state.
During a furnace inspection, our NATE-certified technician will check the proper operation of your heating system, ensuring that your furnace is safe and up to code. Our thorough process of examination has been recognized by multiple cities, and we are licensed to serve the entire 7 county metro area.
Requirements by City
Depending on your home’s location, a home sale furnace inspection might have a different name. Learn more about how your city calls it:
- Minneapolis: The city of Minneapolis requires a Truth-in-Sale Housing (TISH) evaluation for any sale of a single-family house, duplex, townhouse, or first-time condo conversion.
- St. Paul: The city of St. Paul requires all existing buildings, with the exception of owner-occupied single family houses and owner-occupied duplexes, to have and maintain a Fire Certificate of Occupancy.
- Bloomington: The city of Bloomington requires an inspection and a Time-of-Sale Housing Inspection report for all single and two-family dwellings, condominiums, townhouses and mobile homes offered for sale. (Multi-family rental buildings of 4 or more units are not included). They call it the Time-of-Sale Housing Inspection.
- Richfield: The city of Richfield requires an HVAC certification done by a licensed journeyman/master heating installer to ensure the system’s consistency with the code enforcement standards applicable. The visual inspection and examination is required for Point of Sale and Rental License.
- St. Louis Park: the City of St. Louis Park (Property Maintenance Inspection) requires a Furnace/Heating Equipment Inspection whenever an owner or the owner’s agent intends to sell or transfer ownership of a property.
You can rely on our Minneapolis technicians to provide comprehensive inspections. For over 90 years, we have gone the extra mile to ensure our customers receive the services they deserve.