Minneapolis Water Heater Replacement
Experienced Technicians Serving Minneapolis & St. Paul Since 1930
Many homeowners don’t realize that an old water heater can be one of the costliest appliances to operate in their home. As with furnaces and air conditioners, today’s water heaters are more efficient than ever. State-of-the-art electronic controls, better insulation, and lower cost of operation are just a few of the reasons to replace your old water heater with a modern one. So, if you're looking to invest in an updated system or your old unit is about to break down, reach out to Standard Heating & Air Conditioning for quality water heater replacement and installation in Minneapolis and beyond.
How Much Is a Hot Water Heater?
If you're in the market for a new hot water heater, it's important to understand the factors involved that can influence the overall cost. For example, you will need to not only consider the cost of the system itself, but you’ll also need to factor in how much the installation will cost. This can vary based on the size water heater you select, the efficiency rating, the brand, and the type of system you want installed, whether that be a tankless or traditional tank-style water heater. Additionally, the fuel source required, if permits are needed, the removal of the old water heater, where the system needs to be installed, and any other modifications that need to be made can also impact the overall cost of a new water heater. It's important to note that while the initial investment may seem high, selecting a new, energy-efficient water heater can save you more in the long run as repeat repairs and heightened utility bills will be a thing of the past.
In order to determine the best option for your specific needs and budget, we recommend consulting with a Minneapolis water heater installer from our team who can help walk you through the process to ensure you select the best system for your home. And if you’re uncertain if you need a new water heater, be sure to watch for any of the following signs.
When Do I Need a New Water Heater?
- If your home runs out of hot water too quickly
- If the system’s tank is leaking
- If your water has a rusty, murky, or discolored appearance
- If the unit no longer produces any hot water
- If your energy bills have skyrocketed
- If the water heater requires constant or very similar repairs
- If your water has a metallic taste or smell
- If the system is making loud and unusual noises when running
- If the water heater tank is visibly damaged, rusted, or corroded
How to Choose the Right Water Heater
While looking for water heater replacements in Minneapolis, it is essential to understand the product. That's why it's important to consider the following information about water heaters when making a purchase.
What to Know About Water Heaters:
- In most cases, the cheapest water heaters you can buy are the most expensive to operate.
- Water heaters 9-12 years old probably have an efficiency of 50% or less.
- Most hot water heaters have a lifespan ranging from 10 to 15 years, depending on the model and home usage.
- Heating your water is typically the 3rd most costly energy expense in your home, taking up about 15% of your utility bill.
- Your water is always being heated in the tank, so energy is used even when the hot water faucet is off (this is referred to as standby heat loss.)
- Modern, more energy-efficient storage water heaters can significantly reduce standby heat loss, making them less costly.
- Many people buy a water heater based on the size of the tank. But what’s more critical is the “peak-hour demand capacity” or the first hour-rating (FHR) provided on the Energy Guide label.
- It’s essential to study the Energy Factor as supplied by the manufacturer, which takes into consideration the “recovery efficiency,” “cycling loss,” and “standby loss.”
Looking to Install a New Water? Our Local Pros Can Help!
If you're in need of professional water heater replacement in Minneapolis, look no further than Standard Heating & Air Conditioning. With years of experience under our belt, our family-owned business is well equipped with the necessary expertise and skills needed to ensure your water heater is installed correctly for the best possible performance. We believe that every customer deserves top-notch service, which is why we offer financing options and coupons to make our services more accessible. Trust our team for all your water heater needs and experience the peace of mind that comes with working with true professionals.