Do You Need Furnace Repair ?
If your furnace is less than 15 years old, making an odd or unusually loud noises, not heating as well as expected, running longer than normal to maintain the same temperature, or not working, you probably need to schedule a service appointment. When a heating system doesn’t function properly, it can affect your comfort level in the home, result in higher energy bills, and present safety risks to you or your family. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it may be time to think about replacing your system.
What to Do Before Scheduling an Appointment
If this is an emergency and your furnace is not working, call us 24-7 to schedule an emergency service call. You can also check a few simple things before scheduling an appointment:
- Is your thermostat set to the “Heat” setting?
- Do you have power to your system? Check to make sure the emergency switch isn’t in the off position.
- Check to see if your furnace filter is dirty. If needed, replace the filter.
- Check the circuit breaker to make sure it wasn’t tripped. A tripped breaker could be the start of a problem or just a random occurrence. If it trips more than once, you should have a certified technician diagnose the problem.
What to Expect from Your Service Appointment
Our technicians are experienced working with all brands in many types of homes throughout the Twin Cities. When you schedule an appointment, you should expect the following:
- The technician will be a Standard Heating employee, not a sub-contractor.
- You will be given a time window for the service call and should expect to receive a phone call when the technician is on their way to your home.
- 1 year parts and labor warranty on eligible furnace repairs.
- Up-front broken furnace estimate, flat-rate pricing and an explanation of your options.
- If you decide to replace your heating system, up to $500 of your repair costs can be credited towards your purchase of a new furnace from Standard Heating.
- Licensed, bonded and insured.
- A fully stocked service vehicle with replacement parts for most repairs.
- Learn more about our Service Team.