Do You Need to Repair Your A/C?
If your air conditioner is less than 15 years old, making an unusual noise, not cooling as well as expected, or not working, you probably need to repair your unit. If your cooling system is more than 15 years old, it may be time to think about replacing your air conditioner.
What to Do Before Scheduling an Appointment
Before you call us, you can try a few things. Often, changing a filter or cleaning the outside of the condenser can fix your problem. A dirty filter or condenser can limit an air conditioner’s ability to cool. In some cases, this causes your system to freeze, leaking water and causing other problems.
- Make sure the thermostat is set correctly.
- Check to see if the furnace filter is clean, and change the filter if needed.
- Check the circuit breaker to make sure it wasn’t tripped. A tripped breaker could be the start of a problem or just a random occurrence. If it trips more than once, you should have a certified technician diagnose the problem.
- Look at the condenser (located outside) to make sure it is clean and has room to breathe. Shrubs and plants often grow too close to the condenser, preventing air flow. Look for 12 inches of clearance on all sides.
- Do you have power to your system? If you’ve lost power to your home or you are using a “Saver’s Switch” from your utility company, your air conditioner might not run. Find out if your Xcel Energy Saver’s Switch is activated.
What to Expect from Your Service Appointment
Our technicians are experienced working with all brands in many types of homes throughout the Twin Cities. When you schedule an appointment, you should expect the following:
- The technician will be a Standard Heating employee, not a sub-contractor.
- You will be given a time window for the service call and should expect to receive a phone call when the technician is on their way to your home.
- 1 year parts and labor warranty on eligible air conditioner repairs.
- Up-front, flat-rate pricing and an explanation of your options.
- If you decide to replace your cooling system, up to $500 of your repair costs can be credited towards your purchase of a new air conditioner from Standard Heating.
- A fully stocked service vehicle with replacement parts for most repairs.
- Licensed, bonded and insured.
- Learn more about our Service Team.