Gas Forced Air Furnace Equipment
- Return Air Duct (from rooms): A duct carrying air from a conditioned space to the mixing air duct or plenum unit.
- Filter: A porous device for removing impurities or solid particles from the air that passes through it.
- Blower: a mechanical device that creates a current of air. See fan also.
- Air Handling Unit (AHU): a device used to condition and circulate air as part of a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system. An air handler is usually a large metal box containing a blower, heating or cooling elements, filter racks or chambers, sound attenuators, and dampers. Air handlers usually connect to a ductwork ventilation system that distributes the conditioned air through the building and returns it to the AHU.
- Air Supply Duct (to rooms): A duct that carries conditioned air from air supply units to room diffusers or grilles.
Air Conditioner Equipment: The outdoor condenser unit is not the only component of your A/C. Inside your home you will find:
- Compressor: A machine used to supply air or other gas at increased pressure.
- Condenser Coil: In addition to heating up or cooling down fluids in just a single phase, heat exchangers can be used either to heat a liquid to evaporate (or boil) it or used as condensers to cool a vapor and condense it to a liquid.
- Fan: a mechanical device that creates a current of air. See blower also.
- Refrigerant Filled Tubing
- Evaporator Coil
For a full HVAC glossary visit WBDG