Twin Cities Heating and Cooling
Providing the Comfort You Deserve!
Having a reliable HVAC system is essential for providing warmth and cooling to your home. That’s why it’s important you schedule service as soon as you notice that your furnace or air conditioner is no longer functioning as it once did. In fact, having a team of professional Twin Cities HVAC technicians on hand can be invaluable when it comes to optimizing the comfort, efficiency, and lifespan of your HVAC system. So, if you're in the market for an expert team that can provide repairs, installation, and maintenance for various types of HVAC equipment, choose Standard Heating & Air Conditioning. We will arrive on-time with a fully stocked van, ready to provide the necessary service during the appointment.
Why Choose Our Heating & Air Conditioning Team in Twin Cities?
- Family owned & woman operated company
- 90 years of serving over 500,000 homeowners
- We offer repairs on all brands
- Up-front, free in-home pricing with equipment sized to your home
- Fourth-generation family-owned-and-operated by the Ferrara family
- Weekend and evening appointments
Offering a Full-Range of HVAC Services
Professional services are essential to ensure air conditioning and heating systems are running smoothly all year round. At Standard Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer comprehensive HVAC services to guarantee optimal performance at all times, so customers can be confident that their air conditioner or heater is in good working order. Our team of trained Twin Cities heating and air professionals will assess and troubleshoot any issues you may encounter with your system, with the goal of providing solutions that are cost-effective, efficient and long-lasting. We take pride in delivering top-notch service backed by years of expertise and knowledge in the field. Our team understands what matters most to customers, so you have nothing to worry about when you choose us for your HVAC needs.
Our Twin Cities HVAC Team Proudly Provide the Following Services:
- AC Repair
- AC Installation & Replacement
- AC Maintenance
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace Safety Inspection
- Boiler Repair
- Boiler Installation & Replacement
- Boiler Maintenance
- Garage Heater Installation
- Water Heater Replacement
- Indoor Air Quality Solutions
- Air Exchangers
- UV Purifiers
- Whole Home Air Cleaners
- Whole Home Duct Cleaning
What Are the Signs That Your HVAC System Needs to Be Repaired?
Knowing the signs that your HVAC equipment needs repair can help save you money in the long run. When it comes to your system, some common signs of a repair are reduced air flow, water pooling around your unit, and strange odors emitting from the system. Additionally, if your furnace is blowing cold air or your air conditioner is blowing warm air, a repair is necessary.
What Are the Most Common HVAC Repairs?
- Incorrectly calibrated or faulty thermostats
- Water leaks
- Clogged air filters
- Damaged blower motors
- Malfunctioning pilot lights or ignitions
- Damaged ductwork which causes air leaks
- Low or leaking refrigerant
- General wear-and-tear
- Dirty or frozen coils
To ensure any problems with your HVAC system don't cause bigger issues in the future, make sure to have scheduled maintenance conducted regularly and give our team a call at the first sign of a problem so we can perform your furnace or AC repair in Twin Cities.
When Is It Time to Replace Your HVAC System?
Typically, there are some common signs you can watch for that indicate when it’s time to consider replacing your heating and cooling equipment. You should consider investing in a new furnace or air conditioner if any of the following applies to your current system. And don't worry, at Standard Heating & Air Conditioning we understand the difficulties that come with purchasing a replacement furnace or air conditioner for your Twin Cities home, especially if it’s your first time making the decision, so we will be here to help you along the way.
How Do I Know When I Need a New HVAC System?
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old. Consider replacing your heat pump or air conditioner with a unit that has earned the ENERGY STAR label. Installed correctly, these high-efficiency units can save up to 20 percent on cooling costs. Notice the importance of a thorough, professional installation to get the most value for your money.
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old. Consider replacing with an ENERGY STAR qualified furnace, which is 15% more efficient than a conventional furnace. If you have a boiler, consider replacing it with an ENERGY STAR qualified boiler that is 5% more efficient than a new, standard model.
- Your system needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. When this happens your HVAC equipment has become less efficient. If you are unsure of how old your equipment is or if replacement is really the best option have one of our trustworthy technicians inspect your current system.
- You’re experiencing uneven airflow with some rooms being too hot and others being too cold. Improper equipment operation, dirty air filters, duct problems, blocked vents, faulty thermostats, or inadequate insulation could be the cause of this problem.
- No one is home for long periods of the day and you want to save with a smart thermostat. Install a programmable thermostat to start saving energy and money. The value of a “smart” thermostat is null unless you know how to program it. So, make sure you call Standard Heating & Air Conditioning; our Twin Cities air conditioning and heating techs will take the time to explain to you how to use and program your thermostat or even give you a device to control your thermostat remotely.
- Your home has humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer. We have indoor air quality solutions available that will allow us to design a whole system for your home that will solve all these issues, so you can rest comfortably no matter what temperature it is outside.
- Your home has excessive dust. Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces, and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution.
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy. You could have an undersized duct system, damaged mechanical components or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment. However, there are countless other possible causes behind this problem, so it’s best you consult with a professional technician for a honest assessment of your HVAC system.
We want to take the time to show you how to make an educated decision when it comes to HVAC replacement in Twin Cities, so you will find that our team will take a thorough analysis of your comfort needs, sharing all information with you, and responding to any questions you might have. We will help you find the equipment that will support your comfort preferences. We will also measure the size of your home, and survey your home to ensure the correct sized equipment is installed.
Why Should I Replace My Old HVAC System?
There can be many reasons why you should consider replacing your current heating and cooling system, such as excessive noise, uncomfortable rooms, fluctuating temperatures, and high energy costs. However, one of the best reasons to invest in a new furnace or air conditioner is to ensure maximum efficiency and comfort, and to prevent unexpected breakdown. An old HVAC system can become unreliable due to wear and tear, so instead of wasting money on costly repairs, consider purchasing a new, reliable system.
Benefits of a New HVAC System:
- Lowered utility costs
- Quieter operation
- Improved airflow
- Increased energy efficiency
- Improved comfort and indoor air quality
- Increased home value
- Enhanced comfort and smart technology features available
- Peace of mind
When looking for a new system, Standard Heating & Air Conditioning will take note of the problems you have with your current system and find a replacement that will eliminate those issues, leaving you with nothing but peace and comfort.
Is HVAC Maintenance Necessary?
Manufacturers like Bryant & York recommend maintenance on HVAC equipment. We think it is valuable and necessary as well! There are many benefits to maintaining your equipment like catching issues before they become bigger problems and helping extend the life of your HVAC system. Maintenance can also help decrease energy costs, keep indoor air quality protected, boost system performance, and prevent costly repairs in the future. By investing in regular HVAC maintenance in Twin Cities, you are taking a proactive approach to protecting the efficiency and safety of your system.
Standard Heating & Air Conditioning offers single maintenance trips, or annual plans under our Smart Club membership based specifically on the age of your equipment.
Repairs, Installations, or Maintenance…We Have You Covered
We would love to be a consideration when it comes to repairing or maintaining your current system or installing new equipment into your home! But why choose Standard Heating & Air Conditioning in Twin Cities or beyond? What makes us different? We offer free in-home consultations and a range of services on a variety of heating, cooling, and indoor air quality systems. We also are conscientious of the safety of our customers, taking necessary steps to ensure you and your home are protected.
Our In-Home Safety Measures:
- We will continue to wear shoe covers
- If we remove a filter to insert a clean one, we will bag and seal it for disposal in your garbage
- We ask that you please secure any pets that roam around
- Click here COVID-19 Procedures to learn more
Call (612) 324-1015 or contact us online today to schedule an appointment for AC or furnace repair in Twin Cities, MN!