Last updated May 15, 2020
Essential Business Update
We have been named an essential business as stated in Section 6, sub-section X of the Stay-At-Home order (Emergency Executive Order 20-20) given by Governor Tim Walz on March 25, 2020. Our customer service representatives are available to help you determine appropriate timing for your work. You can reach us at, 612-584-2226.
“Construction and critical trades. This category includes workers in the skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers, HVAC and elevator technicians, and other related construction of all kind.”
Standard Heating & Air Conditioning is committed to the health and safety of our customers, staff members, and the community at large.
In response to COVID-19 we have developed a protocol according to CDC guidelines. See below for the actions we are taking.
- Any employee who is sick, or has sick family members, is staying home.
- We are conducting daily health screenings for all employees.
- We have reviewed the proper techniques with all employees, according to CDC guidelines, on covering coughs/sneezes and washing hands thoroughly for 20 seconds or more with soap and water.
- We have reviewed the CDC recommended guidelines for social distancing of 6 feet or more with all employees.
- We have implemented additional practices in our physical locations including the use of cloth face-coverings by all employees in the building and additional sanitizing schedules and practices.
- We have provided all field personnel with sanitizing products & processes for their tools and vehicles.
In Home Process:
- Our employee will call you on their way to let you know of their arrival
- We ask that you please secure any pets that could roam around during the appointment
- Our employees will greet you while still outside, explain their process to you and answer any initial questions you may have.
- When it comes time for our employee to enter your home we ask that you, and anyone else in your home, observe social distancing and stay in a separate room if at all possible.
- Our technicians & sales representatives will continue to wear shoe covers to ensure they do not tack anything into your home. Additionally, we have added the use of disposable gloves and hand sanitizers to their process.
- Our employee will wear a non-medical-grade cloth face covering when he or she are in your home. This comes from the CDC recommendation that “wearing a cloth face covering is an additional public health measure people should take to reduce the spread of COVID-19” and should be worn in “situations where you may be near people.”
- If our technician removes a filter to insert a clean one, they will bag the used filter and seal it.
- We have given our technicians and sales representatives alternate procedures for signing paperwork. Eliminating the need for Customer and Employee to have any physical contact with the same pen, paperwork, or tablet.
How we are observing social distancing:
- We have suspended our all employee meetings and moved smaller department meetings to virtual settings.
- We have implemented remote work where possible for our office staff. Those who do remain in-office are practicing social distancing per CDC guidelines and we have temporarily restricted access to all areas of our building, designating only specific employees into specific spaces.
- We have staggered timing for any/all field personnel who come to our location for supplies AND we have put in place updated processes to re-supply them. The new processes minimize the number of employees present at one time and allow everyone to observe social distancing guidelines.
- We have temporarily suspended all walk-in business to our Minneapolis and Saint Paul locations, because of this we are currently offering FREE shipping. Please note: we ship filters to Minnesota locations exclusively.