The Twin Cities Geothermal Experts
Go Green when you have a Geothermal system installed by Standard Heating & Air Conditioning
WHAT IS GEOTHERMAL?
How geothermal works: the basics
The concept for geothermal is very simple. Just a few feet beneath the surface, the ground in the Twin Cities maintains a consistent temperature. In the winter, a heat pump transfers warmth from the ground to your home. In summer, the process is reversed: heat is transferred out of your home. An all-green earth friendly alternative! This natural source of heating and cooling makes it an optional solution to reduce your carbon footprint and go green.
Did you know?
Did you know that despite wild fluctuations in cold air temperatures in Minnesota, the ground actually maintains a fairly consistent temperature? And that the ground captures and contains enough warmth to heat your home, even on very cold days? Fact is, the earth captures about 47% of the sun’s heat! So yes, geothermal makes sense for homes in the Twin Cities!
“Ground source” energy: a free, clean, green heat source
Often called ground source energy, geothermal technology captures the earth’s natural warmth and delivers it into your home. Geothermal energy is safe, clean, low cost and the most energy-efficient heating and cooling option on the market today. Geothermal also helps to preserve our natural resources and lessens our dependency on fossil fuels.
- Compared to other home heating and cooling alternatives, a geothermal system offers the lowest operating cost, with savings up to 60% compared to other systems.
- A home with a high-efficiency natural gas furnace and a high-efficiency A/C unit will still cost almost twice as much to operate as a geothermal system. If your home does not have a high-efficiency system, the difference will be far greater.
- Even if your home has a 13-SEER heat pump (a modern, hybrid system), that will cost you about one and a half times more than geothermal to operate.
- And yes, these comparisons apply to a geothermal Twin Cities home! Remember, the earth’s temperature (even in Minnesota) remains fairly constant and contains a surprising amount of natural warmth.
Other benefits of geothermal
In addition to energy savings, there are other benefits to a geothermal Twin Cities heating and cooling system:
- Comfort: Excellent dehumidification during summer, and consistent home temperatures in the winter
- Reliability: Geothermal units have fewer moving parts and last longer than normal air conditioners and heat pumps
- The “green” alternative: Geothermal systems simply transfer heat from the earth to your home.
- Water heating: Your home’s water heater can consume a lot of energy. Extra heat from your geothermal system can be used to heat your water heater, saving you even more.
- Quiet operation: even heating and cooling and variable speed blowers.
What types of homes in the Twin Cities can benefit from a geothermal system?
Most Twin Cities homes can benefit from a geothermal system. Although the up-front costs are higher than the other systems, the long term benefits and savings far outweigh the initial investment.
Call the geothermal Twin Cities experts at Standard Heating for a no-obligation, in-home consultation
No one knows home comfort better than Standard Heating & Air Conditioning. So, for expert advice on all of your home heating alternatives, give us a call. We’ll give you solutions that will help you make the right decision for your Twin Cities home, whether it’s a geothermal, hybrid or a traditional heating system.
Tax credits, rebates
Geothermal systems qualify for tax credits and energy rebates. Since these programs vary in scope and duration, contact us to learn about the latest offerings. Our in-home consultants are always aware of the current programs, including those for geothermal Twin Cities homes.
Whatever your heating needs are, you’ll always get the best installation and service in the Twin Cities!
Standard’s fleet of technicians, service vehicles and home comfort consultants are here to serve you in the greater Twin Cities area. Since 1930 Standard Heating has earned the trust of more than 450,000 customers! As leading home comfort specialists we’ve installed and serviced geothermal systems – as well as all many other types of heating systems – in all types of Twin Cities homes. Your neighbors have trusted us for more than 80 years – and you will, too.
Watch Energy 101: Geothermal explained by the U.S. Department of Energy
Free, helpful, knowledgeable advice on geothermal solutions from Standard Heating!
There are many options when it comes to home heating, so give us a call for a free in-home consultation, along with expert advice for your geothermal Twin Cities home!