Geothermal Cooling for Minneapolis – St. Paul – Twin Cities Area Homes
The “natural” alternative for cooling and heating your Twin Cities home, from the experts at Standard Heating & Air Conditioning
While geothermal is not for everyone, it’s a wonderful, clean, energy-saving option for new homes and many existing homes.
Thinking of a geothermal cooling system for your Minneapolis – St. Paul – Twin Cities home?
If you’re looking for a geothermal system perfectly matched to your home, complete with expert installation, call us for a no-obligation in-home consultation. Not many heating – A/C companies know geothermal. By calling Standard Heating & Air Conditioning you’re assured of dealing with experts in all types of cooling technologies.
Many benefits of geothermal
There are many benefits of installing a geothermal cooling system, with significant energy savings as a huge benefit. And there’s no heating-cooling company in the Twin Cities that knows geothermal better than Standard Heating & Air Conditioning
The basics of geothermal
The concept for geothermal is simple. For cooling, geothermal draws the warm, humid air out of your home without the need for a traditional air conditioner – so, no refrigerant or an outdoor A/C unit. Of course, a geothermal system is dual purpose: it’s not just for cooling, but for heating as well. Go here to learn more about geothermal heating. The bottom line is, geothermal is a natural, energy-saving alternative for cooling and heating.
Does geothermal make sense in cities such as Minneapolis?
For those considering geothermal in Minneapolis, St. Paul and the greater Twin Cities area, the answer is yes … geothermal can make sense, especially considering the energy savings it can provide. Geothermal is especially suited for those planning on building a new home or renovating a home – but it can also make sense for certain existing homes.
You’ll see big savings in operating costs with a geothermal home!
When considering home cooling and heating options, a geothermal system offers the lowest operating cost of any home comfort system. Many homeowners realize savings up to 60% with geothermal. The cost comparisons below include the operating cost of your water heater. Examples:
- A home with a high-efficiency natural gas furnace and a high-efficiency A/C unit will still cost almost twice as much to operate as compared to a geothermal system. If your home does not have a high-efficiency system, the difference will be far greater.
- A home with an oil furnace and a standard-efficiency A/C unit will cost almost three times as much to operate as compared to a geothermal system.
- If you heat with propane the operating cost difference will be about three and a half times as much as geothermal.
- Even if your home has a 13-SEER heat pump (a modern, hybrid system), that will cost you about one and a half times more than geothermal to operate.
Watch Energy 101: Geothermal explained by the U.S. Department of Energy
Other benefits of geothermal for Minneapolis – St, Paul – Twin Cities homeowners
There are other benefits to a geothermal cooling and heating system:
- The “green” alternative: Geothermal systems don’t make any heat or use refrigerant to cool air at all; they simply transfer heat in and out of the home.
- Comfort: Excellent dehumidification during summer and consistent home temperatures in the winter
- Reliability: Geothermal units have fewer moving parts and last longer than normal air conditioners and heat pumps
- Clean and safe: No odors, no flue, no flame
- Flexible: A choice of modes and features to suit almost any home
- Water heating: Your home’s water heater can consume a lot of fuel or electricity. Heat from your geothermal system can be used to heat your water heater!
- Quiet operation: Heavy-duty, insulated cabinets, soft starting and variable speed blowers
As you can see, geothermal for Minneapolis – St, Paul – Twin Cities homes can make sense despite the wide variation in seasonal temperatures in Minnesota!
OK, geothermal can cool my home but what about heating my home with geothermal?
Heating your home with geothermal is where the big energy savings come in. On our geothermal heating page you’ll learn much more, including:
- How geothermal captures natural, “free” heat from the earth
- Why cold air temperatures won’t affect your natural, ground-source heat supply
- What types of homes can benefit from geothermal cooling-heating
- Rebates and tax credits for alternative energy systems
Call Standard Heating for a no-pressure, in-home geothermal consultation
Want professional advice on home cooling and heating alternatives? Give Standard a call! It’s easy to schedule an appointment. You’ll get a straightforward in-home assessment including options ranging from traditional systems, hybrid and geothermal systems.
Plus, with Standard Heating & Air Conditioning you get superb installation and the best service in the Twin Cities!
Regardless of where you are in the greater Twin Cities area, our fleet of technicians, service vehicles and home comfort consultants are ready to serve you. Ever since we opened our doors in 1930 we’ve earned the trust of 450,000-plus customers!
Free, helpful, knowledgeable geothermal advice from Standard Heating
It’s a good idea to consider your options when it comes to cooling and heating your home, and there are many viable alternatives today. So call us or use our schedule an appointment form for a no-pressure in-home consultation including up-to-date advice for your geothermal Minneapolis – St, Paul – Twin Cities home!